Up Close & Personal with Zach Rix
Today we meet up with freshman Zach Rix from Leesburg, FL. This 6'6 forward holds records at his high school for most rebounds and most blocked shots. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to
Lees-McRae? I decided to come to LMC because the door was
opened for me to play basketball here. This is such a beautiful
place as well, and the people provide a wonderful atmosphere to be
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I started playing basketball in the ninth grade. This is my 5th year on an actual team.
3. What are your personal goals for the season? My personal goals for this season are to improve throughout the whole season and to come out with a winning record.
4. What is your favorite basketball memory at LMC so
far? My favorite memory so far here at Lees-McRae is the
first day I walked into the gym back in June.
5. Who has been the most influential person in your athletic career? The most influential person on my athletic career would definitely have to be my dad. He has always pushed me to get better and has always been there to encourage me.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport would you play? If I wasn't playing basketball, I would probably be playing baseball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Pre-med and I plan on being a medical missionary to third-world countries.
8. If you could travel back to any point in history, where would it be? If I could travel back in time to any point in history, I would travel back to the time of Jesus Christ.
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is the Bible.
10. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is pizza.
11. If you could visit any place in the world where would it be? If I could visit any place in the world, I would want to visit Cuba.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? One word that describes me is relaxed because I tend to be laid back without many worries. I know my hope is in Christ and he won't ever fail me.