Up Close & Personal with Ian Harris
Banner Elk, NC--Today we resume our Up Close series by talking with freshman Ian Harris who hails from Greensboro, NC. This 6'3 guard played for Ragsdale before beginning his college career at Lees-McRae this year.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I came for basketball mainly, and it is nice and quiet.
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I have been playing for six years; I started when I was in seventh grade.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? First and foremost, I want to do well in the classroom. I also want to become an exceptionally good ball player.
4. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My stepdad has been the most influential because he stayed with me for hours playing ball.
5. If you weren't playing basketball what other sport would you play? I would probably be playing golf.
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Business/Pre-law and I plan on becoming a real estate lawyer or some other type of lawyer.
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? All the way back to the fourth grade…I want to go back to that time because I would've started playing basketball then and got real serious with it..and played AAU and etc…
8. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.
9. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is fried chicken, but I also like Japanese food.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would visit Costa Rica because I love the beach.
11. What is one word that describes you and why? I think one word that describes me is willpower because in everything I do I keep going and going until the job is done no matter how much it takes out of me.