Banner Elk, NC--Today we get Up Close & Personal with
Lithuanian native, Modestas Riauka. This 6'8 athlete is seeing
time as both a center and a forward for the Bobcats and is
averaging 9.8 points per game.
1. What made you decide to come to
Lees-McRae? I wanted to continue to play NCAA
basketball and I like the way things work here.
2. How long have you been playing basketball?
I have been playing basketball since first grade, so for fifteen
3. What are your personal goals for this
season? I want to work at making my weaknesses my
strengths, become a better player, and help my team win games.
4. What is your favorite memory here at Lees-McRae so
far? I would have to say being involved with a team with
TEN freshman or perhaps the fitness routine three times a week in
5. Who has been the most influential person on your
athletic career? My mother is. She is the first person I
go to for advice, and she always has the right answer for me.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport
would you play? I would be kickboxing. I've always
liked it. In fact, I almost stopped playing basketballl for
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
your degree? My major is Business Administration and in
the future I will try to run my own business.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go? I would go to WWII or to
when my grandfather was alive. He died when I was very young and I
do not remember very much about him.
9. What is your favorite book? Mario Puzo's
Godfather. It is a very interesting book; I could read it
10. What is your favorite food? Lithuanian
national food and everything my mom cooks are my favorite.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be? I would go to New Zealand because it is so
far away and from what I hear it is a wonderful place of
12. What is one word that describes you and
why? Unpredictable..I am who I am.