Banner Elk, NC--Today we get Up Close & Personal with Lithuanian native, Modestas Riauka. This 6'8 athlete is seeing time as both a center and a forward for the Bobcats and is averaging 9.8 points per game.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I wanted to continue to play NCAA basketball and I like the way things work here.
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I have been playing basketball since first grade, so for fifteen years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to work at making my weaknesses my strengths, become a better player, and help my team win games.
4. What is your favorite memory here at Lees-McRae so far? I would have to say being involved with a team with TEN freshman or perhaps the fitness routine three times a week in preseason.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My mother is. She is the first person I go to for advice, and she always has the right answer for me.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport would you play? I would be kickboxing. I've always liked it. In fact, I almost stopped playing basketballl for it.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Business Administration and in the future I will try to run my own business.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would go to WWII or to when my grandfather was alive. He died when I was very young and I do not remember very much about him.
9. What is your favorite book? Mario Puzo's Godfather. It is a very interesting book; I could read it again.
10. What is your favorite food? Lithuanian national food and everything my mom cooks are my favorite.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would go to New Zealand because it is so far away and from what I hear it is a wonderful place of nature.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Unpredictable..I am who I am.