Today we meet up with sophomore starter Nick DeSchepper. The 6'3 guard from Fishers, Indiana is leading the Bobcats in scoring averaging 16.7 points per game and also leads the team in steals with 12. Off the court DeSchepper is enrolled in the pre-dental program with plans to eventually become a dentist. Join us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I decided to come to Lees-McRae because I thought it would be a great place for me to further my basketball career.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? The thing most that I am looking forward to this season is the new group of players that we got. I feel they will be a huge contribution to the team on and off the court.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say that my strengths that I bring to the team are my work ethic on the defensive end and my shooting ability on the offensive end.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I clear my mind and listen to music and as we are warming up. I try to shoot and make the moves that I will be making in the game so that when I shoot or make a move in the game I won't make as many mistakes.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My dad has been the most influential person on my athletic career.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat basketball team? I would say my favorite part about being a part of this team would be the guys. Everyone is always looking out for one another; it's almost like a brotherhood.
7. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to become a better player in many ways and also to help my team's success.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? I let things that happen on the last possession play a role into the future possession.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mother has been my biggest role model because she has faced a lot of adversity in her life and always tells me you cannot allow little bumps in the road slow you down.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon would be sitting out by the pool and relaxing outside.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? If I could try something new today it would probably be skydiving because it would be one of the biggest adrenaline rushes anyone could experience.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why? My
favorite NBA player would have to be Allen Iverson because he is
one of few players who actually plays both sides of the court.