Today we meet up with freshman Kyle Boardman of Clemmons, N.C. The 6'4 forward played at West Forsythe High School where he was named captain and MVP and also selected to All Conference and All Northwest teams. This year he is averaging 14.4 points and seven rebounds per game for the Bobcats. In the classroom Boardman is pursuing a degree in business.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? I was offered a basketball scholarship by Coach
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning as many games as possible.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength is in the post.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I listen to music and eat a good meal before the game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My brother has had the biggest impact on me.
6. What is you favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat basketball team? My favorite part is starting new friendships with my teammates.
7. What personal goals have you set for this season? I want to become quicker, stronger, and better overall.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? I hate the frustration of having an off night.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My brother because he also played college basketball and always pushed me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? It would be playing in a close basketball game and hitting the game winning shot.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try football because I think I could do very well as a tight end.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why? Dwight Howard is my favorite because he is an unbelievable athlete and an unstoppable post player.