Today we meet up with freshman Kyle Boardman of Clemmons, N.C.
The 6'4 forward played at West Forsythe High School where he was
named captain and MVP and also selected to All Conference and All
Northwest teams. This year he is averaging 14.4 points and seven
rebounds per game for the Bobcats. In the classroom Boardman is
pursuing a degree in business.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? I was offered a basketball scholarship by Coach
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I am looking forward to winning as many games as
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? My strength is in the post.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a
game? I listen to music and eat a good meal before the
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball
career? My brother has had the biggest impact on me.
6. What is you favorite part about being a member of the
Bobcat basketball team? My favorite part is starting new
friendships with my teammates.
7. What personal goals have you set for this
season? I want to become quicker, stronger, and better
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? I hate the frustration of having an off night.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? My brother because he also played college basketball
and always pushed me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? It
would be playing in a close basketball game and hitting the game
11. If you could try something new today what would you try
and why? I would try football because I think I could do
very well as a tight end.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why?
Dwight Howard is my favorite because he is an unbelievable athlete
and an unstoppable post player.