Sam Youse, a sophomore from Winston-Salem, North Carolina, is up
next for the Bobcats as we continue our up close series. The 6'3
Youse plays as a guard/forward for the team and is averaging 8.32
points per game. Off the court he is majoring in psychology. Join
us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
It was a decision my family and I thought long and hard about, and
this is where God led me.
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I really want to see how far we make it because I
know everybody worked hard this season especially following the bad
year we had last year.
3. What personal and team goals have you set for this
season? I want do what ever I can to help my team be
4. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? Using my athleticism to create opportunities for my
team to succeed is where my strength lies.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball
career? My mom has the biggest impact on my basketball
career because she has always supported me.
6. What do you do to prepare yourself for a
game? I usually listen to music and pray to free my mind
from all unnecessary distractions.
7. What is your favorite part about being a member of
the Bobcat basketball team? It gave me the opportunity to
play on the collegiate level.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? My knowledge of the game is my biggest
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? My mom has been because of the determination she has
when she sets her mind to do something. She doesn't quit until it's
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon?
Playing basketball, eating a good home cooked meal and spending
time with the people I love would make up my perfect
11. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I would try flying on a plane because I have
never been on a plane. I think it would be a good way to face my
12. Who is your favorite NBA player and why?
Kobe Bryant…I like the way he makes a play when his team