As we wrap up our series of Up Close interviews with the men's
basketball team we meet up with Dairl Scott of Pfafftown, North
Carolina. The sophomore forward had a career high 17 rebounds
against Barton College earlier this season. Scott is a business
major at Lees-McRae. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
I came to this school to play basketball and to get an
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I'm looking forward to getting as many wins as
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? I think my strength lies in my ability to rebound
and play great defense.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for the
game? I pray.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball
career? My high school basketball coach Sean Vestal has
had the biggest impact.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this
season? Winning as many games as possible the rest of the
7. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat
basketball team? I like being able to travel to different
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? It is a challenge to not get mad when I mess
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? My
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? I
would have to say eating a good meal.
11. If you could try something new today what would you
try? I would try pigs' feet.
12. Who is your favorite NBA player? Allen