Today we meet up with freshman Anthony Johnson. The point guard
from Byrnes High School in Duncan, S.C. was named to the All Area
and All Area teams prior to coming to Lees-McRae, but injury has
sidelined him for much of the season. In the classroom he is
pursuing a degree in sports management.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? I just felt that I could fit in with the team.
Basketball is the main reason I came!
2. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? Strengths for me would be controlling the game as a
point guard, ball handling, and defense!
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for a
game? I listen to music and get myself mentally ready to
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball
career? My AAU coach really got us prepared with drills
and the understanding of the game. Coach Ferguson wasn't the
typical AAU coach; he wanted to have not only a good AAU team, but
wanted our high school team to also be good!
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of
the Bobcat basketball team? I would say being a part of
the BOBCAT family!
6. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? The biggest challenge I face is fatigue.
7. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? I'll have to say my mom would be the biggest role
model. She is a very strong individual, and she taught me
8. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon?
I'd say having a laid back day and enjoying life!
9. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I would try snowboarding or something like
that since I'm in the mountains!
10. Who is your favorite NBA player and why?
Lebron James, I just love the way he plays. He may be the greatest
to ever do it!