Up Close & Personal with Kiko Magana
Banner Elk, NC--Today in our Up Close series we meet up with senior forward Kiko Magana who comes to Lees-McRae from Hutchinson, KS.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
The level of play and the location made me want to come to LMC.
2. How long have you been playing soccer?
For 17 terrific years I have been playing soccer.
3. What are your personal goals for this season?
I want to stay fit and contribute as much as I can to the team.
4. What's your favorite soccer memory here at Lees-McRae
Scoring the game winner at Clayton State ranks the highest.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your
My father Alberto Magana has had the most influence.
6. If you weren't playing soccer what other sport would
I'd play baseball or pickle ball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
Sports Management. I plan to assist organizations in sales and marketing while promoting their association.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go?
I would go to Mexico, June 26, 1986 to see Argentina play England. VIVE MARADONA!!!
9. What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is The Da Vinci Code.
10. What is your favorite food?
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be?
I'd travel to Guadalajara, Mexico.
12. What is one word that describes you and why?
Strong-minded : No matter what I've been through I will never give up.
Kiko's Story … I am a transfer from Iowa Central Community College.