Up Close & Personal with Sean Paradise
Banner Elk, NC--A native of North Point, FL Paradise serves as the primary goalkeeper for the Bobcats and currently leads Conference Carolinas with five shutouts in ten games. Join us today as we continue our series of Up Close interviews with this sophomore criminal justice major.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I wanted to play soccer at a higher, and Lees-McRae brought me in to do so.
2. How long have you been playing soccer? I have been playing for 14 years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I would like to stay healthy and help the team go on to win a conference championship.
4. What's your favorite soccer memory here at Lees-McRae so far? I remember when a fellow goalkeeper on the team, named Tom Courtney, began throwing up all over himself in the middle of a drill during
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My club soccer coach from back home in Florida named Peter Tomich has been the most influential. He guided me in the right directions on and off the field.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd play football.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I am a criminal justice major, and I plan to become an officer of the law.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go back to the 1980's.
9. What is your favorite book? I like the Goosebumps series.
10. What is your favorite food? Snow Crab
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would travel to Tahiti.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Athletic
Sean's Story … I began to play soccer
at the age of five and stuck with it all the way up until now. I am
glad I chose to do so as I have now ended up here at Lees-McRae
playing college level soccer. I played various sports growing up,
but soccer was always my main focus point. I was recognized by
Coach Dixon at a tournament in Florida and was recrutied to come
play here in North Carolina. I'm glad I chose to come here as I am
having a great time and enjoying myself on and off the field here