Up Close & Personal with Ben Harrison
Banner Elk, NC--We meet up with a Winston-Salem, NC native who plays as a midfielder/defender today. Join us as we interview Ben Harrison, a freshman member of the successful men's soccer team.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I came for soccer.
2. How long have you been playing soccer? For 14 years, I've been kicking the ball around.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to help the team get a championship!
4. What's your favorite soccer memory here at Lees-McRae so far? The memory test, that is so far.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad and my brother have had that role in my life.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would
play? I'd be playing Ping-Pong.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Business Administration but I am unsure what I want to do.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
would you go?
I'd like to go back to 1776 in Philadelphia, when our founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence.
9. What is your favorite book? The Great Gatsby is my favorite.
10. What is your favorite food? I like tacos from Taco Bell.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would like to visit Italy.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Colorful; I always show my emotions.
Ben's Story ... I am from Winston-Salem, North Carolina. I played for Piedmont Soccer Alliance for about 9-10 years. I played high school soccer at North Davidson High. I found Lees-McRae through Coach Whalley when he played up for West Virginia Chaos.