Up Close & Personal with Will Leggett
Banner Elk, NC--This freshman defender hails from Raleigh, NC. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I wanted to go to a school in the mountains and Lees-McRae offered me the chance to play soccer for them so it was a natural choice.
2. How long have you been playing soccer? I have been playing for 12 years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I'd like to get some playing time and help out the team somehow.
4. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My first coach, my dad, has had that role in my life.
5. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd play hockey.
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? History/Religious Studies; I'd like to become a teacher.
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go back to 1916 to the Easter Revolution.
8. What is your favorite book? A Catcher In The Rye
9. What is your favorite food? Calzones.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to visit Ireland.
11. What is one word that describes you and why? Tired.
Will's Story … I started playing soccer at five. When my junior year came around I started looking at different colleges, and Lees-McRae seemed the best fit because it was up in the mountains. They also offered me a spot on the team.