Banner Elk, NC--This Texan native has two goals and one assist for a total of five points on the heavily loaded Bobcat team. Join us today as we get to know another freshman midfielder for the squad.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The soccer program, the area of studies I wanted to go into and the area all played a part in my decision.
2. How long have you been playing soccer? I have played for 11 years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I'd like to play in some of the games and help the team.
4. What is your favorite memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Just playing with the team has been.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad and Kaka
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd like to bowl.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Athletic Training and Psychology are my majors.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go back to the Champions League Final in Istanbul 2005.
9. What is your favorite book? Fight Club
10. What is your favorite food? Mexican and BBQ
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would like to go to Mexico City.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Relaxed; Stress will just make anything less enjoyable so I try to be relaxed as much as possible and just enjoy any situation I'm in.
Alex's Story … I was born in Houston, Texas but grew up in Arlington. I played club soccer for Texas Lighting Soccer Club. Then we played a tournament in Plano where Coach Whalley saw me. He gave me a call a few days later and we set up a campus visit. I really liked it when I came up here and decided to make this my home for the next couple of years.