Banner Elk, NC--Join us today as we finish up our series of Up Close interviews with a freshman forward who comes to Banner Elk, NC all the way from Melbourne, Australia.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The oppurtunity and experience, though playing soccer on a full-time basis was the main incentive.
2. How long have you been playing soccer? I've been playing for as long as I can remember.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My goals are to get into the regular 11, score plenty of goals and most of all to help the team get as far as we can.
4. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has been. He's always supported me and given me a kick up the backside when needed.
5. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I love basketball, so if I were a bit taller I'd definitely be playing basketball. I also have an interest in track & field: 100m, 200m.
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I want to try and do a double degree in Criminal Justice & Business. Hopefully when I'm finished I can work in a federal agency back in Australia.
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd just like to go to a normal Saturday night, hanging out with all the boys back home in Australia.
8. What is your favorite book? I'm not really a reader, but I enjoyed reading the David Beckham and Roy Keane autobiography.
9. What is your favorite food? A nice roast dinner always goes down well.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I've always wanted to go on holiday to the Bahamas, but would also like to go back to England where all my family lives.
11. What is one word that describes you and
why? Determined; when I want something I always really
work really hard to get what I want, whether it's working hard on
or off the pitch.