Up Close & Personal with Nathan Bird
Today we meet up with senior defender Nathan Bird who hails from Stapely, Cheshire, England. The senior sports managment major has aspirations of being either a soccer coach or a personal trainer after graduation. Join us as we get to know him up close and personal.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? After speaking with Head Coach Christopher Whalley, he shared the same ambition towards winning and attitude in the game of soccer as I do. Furthermore, the facilities and professionalism of the soccer team at LMC helped me decide to come here as an added bonus.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to having another successful season with the Bobcats.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in teamwork, hard work and leadership.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I try to relax and eat the right foods.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My club coach in England who passed away in my final year there has had the biggest impact.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part is the teamwork and shared passion for success through hard work.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My goals are staying fit and healthy and working together to win the national tournament.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest challenge I face is making no mistakes.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? My parents have always pushed me in the right direction and let me achieve anything I wanted to achieve.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is playing beach soccer.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try diving with a great white shark, due to the pure excitement.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Banana