Up Close & Personal with Ian Dargavel
Today we meet up with senior Ian Dargavel who hails from Neath, Wales. Dargavel, who plays both as a forward and a defender, has tallied an assist already this season. He is pursuing a degree in sports management and has aspirations of coaching soccer after graduation.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I basically came to play soccer.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to getting to play soccer.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? Actually I think my strength lies in my physical strength.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I just chill out.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My parents have had the biggest impact on my soccer career.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? Having a good time and playing the game are my favorite parts.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? This season I want to play as much as possible and help the team as much as I can.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? No challenges that I can think of right now.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Family… they set good examples for me to follow!
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Just relaxing outside, playing a bit of soccer and socializing sounds perfect.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? American football… looks like it could be good fun.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Raspberry
cheesecake with vanilla ice cream or key lime pie!