Up Close & Personal with Jonathan Bownes
As we continue our series of Up Close articles we meet up with senior Jonathan Bownes of Worksop, England. Bownes, who is a defender for the Bobcats, broke loose to score his first goal of the season against Coker College Saturday afternoon. Bownes is a sports management major and plans to become a sports agent after graduation from Lees-McRae. Join us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play soccer.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning a championship.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in my heart.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Mathew Bright
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part of being a part of this team is the teammates .
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to leave a legacy.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I would have to say not sliding.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mum…she is my biggest fan.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? It would have to be spending the afternoon playing soccer.
11. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I would like to try to skydive because it
would be fun.