Up Close & Personal with Bobby Layburn
Next up for the Bobcats is junior Bobby Layburn. The 6'1 midfielder hails from Centennial, Colorado and is a sports management major here at Lees-McRae College. Join us as we get to know him up close & personal.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play soccer.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? Winning
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in defending and going forward.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I like to listen to the same songs before every match.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My parents have had the biggest impact.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? Having fun playing with the boys is my favorite part.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to stay consistent and win the national championship!
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Not losing my head after a mistake is the biggest challenge I face.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Parents …they have shown me how to be a better person.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? A good practice session then chilling with the boys falls into the category of a perfect afternoon.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try sky diving because I've always wanted to do it.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Anything