Up Close & Personal with Steve Nixon
Freshman Steve Nixon arrived at Lees-McRae College from Sheffield, England where he played for Westfield. A defender for the Bobcats, Nixon has three assists on the season. In the classroom he is pursuing a degree in physical education and coaching.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play soccer.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning as many things as possible.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in my head and heart.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I relax and listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Tony Mee
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My teammates are the best part of being a Bobcat.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I'd like to play as much as possible and see our team win as much as possible.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Staying positive when having bad game is a challenge.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Mother…She has always supported me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is relaxing and chilling with friends.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I'd like to skydive to conquer my fear of heights.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Ben &
Jerry's ice cream