Up Close & Personal with Brandon Locklear
Today we meet up with freshman forward Brandon Locklear who comes to Lees-McRae College from Sunset Beach, North Carolina where he received Brunswick County Player of the Year, All Region and All State honors. Join us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play soccer and because I liked the location.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning a national title.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say my strength lies in my speed.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I sleep and listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My parents…they took me all over the country to play soccer.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I's like to get some playing time and see the team win a national title.
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest challenge I face is staying mentally strong when things get hard on the field.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom…she as done a lot for me in my life.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Doing nothing but sleeping sounds perfect.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Bungee Jumping
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Birthday
Cake Ice Cream