Up Close & Personal with Luke Duffy
Luke Duffy is up next as we continue our Up Close series with the Bobcats. A freshman from Wakefield, England, Duffy has played all seventeen games and has started sixteen of them as a defender for the squad. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The opportunity to play soccer in America and get and education were the deciding factors.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing a good standard of soccer in America and being successful in what I do.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in defending one-on-one.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music and just relax.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My parents because they have always taken me to games and pushed me to succeed.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I think being a part of a good team.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? To perform to my maximum performance and be a part of a good winning team are my goals.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest challenge I face is to overcome the feeling when not performing well to do well.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents…I look up to them both, and I want to achieve my goals for them.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is winning the game and just having free time.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try a new position on the field to be a striker so I had the opportunity to score goals.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Something
sweet like ice cream or something with chocolate.