We meet up with a freshman from Concord, North Carolina today as we continue our Up Close series with the Bobcats. Matt Karas, a midfielder, played for Concord High School last season where he received NCHSAA Scholar Athlete and All Conference honors. In the classroom here at Lees-McRae he is pursuing a degree in environmental biology with plans to start a successful business. Join us as we get to know him.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play soccer.
2. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? My strength lies in my passing and going
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music and relax.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer
career? My father
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I'm part of one of the best teams in the country with some good players.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to play well and have an impact on the team and, hopefully, win a national championship.
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Making mistakes is the biggest challenge I face.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents…They have supported and helped me do everything.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is just relaxing.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try base jumping.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Chocolate