Up Close & Personal with Adam Burden
Today we meet up with midfielder Adam Burden, a freshman from Diss, Norfolk, England as we continue our Up Close series of interviews.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The reputation Lees-McRae has and the goals they wish to achieve played a role in my decision to come here.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to achieving success with LMC.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in reading the game, tackling, positioning and teamwork.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I try to do some mental imagery of what I need to do and think about how Roy Keane plays.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Daniel Connelly
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I think just being a member itself.
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I would say discipline.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Dad…He's pushed me all of the way to help me achieve.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Being with my family and girlfriend, winning a championship game and celebrating with the squad.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would like to try snowboarding and skiing as I have this chance now being in Banner Elk.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Hagen-Daas strawberry cheesecake ice cream.