Freshman standout David Palmer of Gateshead, England is up next as we continue our series of Up Close interviews with the Bobcats. Palmer, a midfielder for the squad, has seven goals and two assists credited to his name in his rookie season with Lees-McRae. He was also selected to All Conference Second Team and to the Conference Carolinas All Tournament Team for his efforts. Off the field he is pursuing a degree in physical education and coaching.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play soccer at Lees-McRae.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? Of course, I'm looking forward to playing soccer.
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? My strength lies in my dribbling ability.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music to get ready for matches.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Father and Grandad
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I'd like to assist as many goals as possible and win the league title. (We won on Sunday, both regular season title and the tournament title for the second year in a row!!)
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Beating the player against me can be the biggest mental challenge I face.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Dad…He has given me advice in my soccer career.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? A good training session then chilling with my friends is a perfect afternoon.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try swimming with sharks because I like them.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Ice