Upclose With Charley Whiteley
Men's Tennis begins their Up Close series with freshman Charley Whiteley.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
"Mainly to play tennis, but I also love the mountains and going snowboarding."
2. What are your personal goals for this season?
"I would like to have a winning record in singles and doubles, and also would like to help the team win the conference championship."
3. What's your favorite tennis memory here at Lees-McRae so far?
"I've only been with the team for a few months but I would have to say traveling with the team to regionals was my favorite experience so far."
4. What is your favorite part of playing tennis here at Lees-McRae?
"Mainly the coach and my teammates. They are all awesome
people to be around."
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career?
"Definitely Jag Gowda. He has taught me everything I know about tennis, and more, he has taught me how to succeed in life too."
6. If you weren't playing tennis, what other sport would you play?
"Probably basketball, that is my favorite sport to watch and I am pretty tall so I think I would be good at it."
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go?
"Of course to the pre-historic era because I've always wanted to see what dinosaurs are like and meet a few cavemen."
8. What is your favorite band?
"With out a doubt, Nickelback. I have been to 2 of their concerts and I just love all of their music."
9. What is your favorite book?
"Can't say that I have a favorite book because I am not really a reader, but if I had to pick one it would be "You Can Not Be Serious" by John McEnroe."
10. What is your favorite food?
"Shrimp. I am a seafood lover, I will eat basically any kind of seafood."
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be?
"Amsterdam! I have heard so many fun and crazy stories about that place and I want to go there and see if they are true."
12. What is one word that describes you and why?
"Laidback, I just go with the flow and will do whatever usually."