Banner Elk, NC--Today we begin a series of Up Close & Personal interviews with the Lees-McRae men's tennis team. First up for the men is freshman Jesse Laughrun who hails from Burnsville, NC where he played for Mountain Heritage High School. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I decided to come here to play tennis. I only live an hour away, but I like the atmosphere and Coach Goode made a good impression on me and I knew that I would enjoy playing for him.
2. How long have you been playing tennis? I have been playing since sixth grade.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to improve my tennis as much as possible and I hope to play in as many matches as I can.
4. What's your favorite tennis memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory so far is definitely the away trips. We always have fun and find something to do on the bus rides.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? The most influential person on my athletic career is my dad. He got me started playing tennis and has taught me a lot and always has something positive to say that can make me push myself to do better.
6. If you weren't playing tennis, what other sport would you play? I would play basketball. I played basketball for six years when I was younger.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is sports management, and I hope to get a job working in some way with a sports team.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would go to the early 1800's.
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is You Cannot Be Serious.
10. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is Mexican.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would visit Fiji.
12. What is one word that describes you and
why? Determined, because when I put my mind on what I want
to do, then I can do it.