Up Close & Personal with Paul Muenow
Banner Elk, NC--Today we meet up with sophomore Paul Muenow from Fort Mills, SC. Join us as we get to know him a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I decided to come to LMC because I always wanted to play tennis in college, which LMC gave me the opportunity to do. I also enjoy the mountains.
2. How long have you been playing tennis? I have been playing tennis for ten years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My personal goals for this season are to improve my all around game and to start.
4. What's your favorite tennis memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory at LMC was going to UNC-Ashville as a underdog and pulling off an stunning victory.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? The most influential person in my career has been my tennis coach who has coached me for the last four years.
6. If you weren't playing tennis, what other sport would you play? I would be playing football because I love the sport.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Sports Management and I plan on coaching a sports team.
8. What is your favorite part of being on the tennis team at Lees-McRae? My favorite part of being on the tennis team would have to be the great teammates and coach that are a part of the tennis team.
9. What is your favorite book? I do not have a favorite book.
10. If you could play in any of the Grand Slams (Australian, French, Wimbledon, U.S. Open) which one would you choose and why? I would choose Wimbledon since I have never played on grass.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would like to visit anywhere in the Caribbean.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? One word that describes me is competitive. I love to compete at everything that I do.
Paul's Story … My name is Paul Muenow and the son of Sarah and Steve Muenow. I have two older brothers; Steven, and Mike. I am from Fort Mill, SC. When I first started to play sports I had always dreamed about playing tennis in college. With my parent being huge Auburn fans and brainwashing me into being a bigger Auburn fan, I decided to go to Auburn when I got accepted. It was a few weeks later when Coach Goode called me, and asked me to come down and try out for the LMC tennis team. I did not know what to do. After trying out and finding out that this was a great opportunity I decided to go with it.