Up Close & Personal with Alek Mojski
Banner Elk, NC--Join us today as we meet Alek Mojski (Berlin, Germany), a junior and captain of the men's tennis team. Mojski, who is 4-2 for the spring season in singles action, can be seen playing at the two or three slot.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I decided to come to Lees-McRae College because my desire was to study in the US and play collegiate tennis.
2. How long have you been playing tennis? I started playing tennis at the age of 14.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My goals are to win all my matches and win the conference with the team. Moreover, I want to get nationally ranked.
4. What's your favorite tennis memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory at LMC this year so far was beating UNC-Ashville.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? The most influential person on my athletic career would have to be my best friend and coach Jonny Kober. Moreover, I have to thank my parents a lot because they made it possible for me to play tennis.
6. If you weren't playing tennis, what other sport would you play? I would be running track or playing soccer.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I am majoring in Business. I plan to work at a bank at some point of my career. However, I would like to coach tennis for a couple of years.
8. What is your favorite part of being on the tennis team at Lees-McRae? The team and the coach are just like a family. I like that a lot.
9. What is your favorite book? "Der Kleine Prinz"
10. If you could play in any of the Grand Slams (Australian, French, Wimbledon, U.S. Open) which one would you choose and why? I think I would like to play in Wimbledon because it is the oldest Grand Slam and because of its tradition.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I visited many countries in Europe and I am now in America. I think now I really want to go to Australia and Asia, especially Australia.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Dedicated
Alek's Story … My name is Alek Mojski,
son of Anna Steiner and Wojciech Mojski. I am from Germany,
Berlin. I was always very active as I was growing up and
participated in a lot of sports. My two main sports were tennis and
track and field. I attended Gottfried-Keller Gymnasium (high
school) in Berlin. I was recruited for tennis by Coach Goode. I am
now a junior and captain of the men's Tennis Team at Lees-McRae.
I have enjoyed my stay at LMC so far and I am looking forward to
the rest of my time here at Lees-McRae.