AIKEN, S.C. - The Lees-McRae College Bobcats men's tennis team, ranked 39th in the nation, fell in their season opener on the road to the USC-Aiken Pacers, ranked 23rd, 8-1.
The Pacers swept the doubles matches and won all the singles
matches except at the number five position where Travis VanHoy
pulled out the victory in the tie breaker after splitting the first
At the number one singles position, Nandor Solymosi jumped out to an early lead with a 6-0 win, but fell in the final two sets 6-2, 6-2.
Alek Mojski, playing the number three position, fell in the first set 7-5, but rallied to win the second set 6-3. Despite the set two win, Mojski fell in the third set 6-2.
The Bobcats return to the courts February 6th at Division I UNC-Wilmington.
1. Bruno Seves (USCA) def. Nandor Solymosi (LMC) 0-6, 6-2, 6-4
2. Dagoberto Darezzo (USCA) def. Shaun Sumner (LMC) 6-0, 7-5
3. Edward Horne (USCA) def. Alek Mojski (LMC) 7-5, 3-6, 6-2
4. Christopher Kaetz (USCA) def. Steve Karendal (LMC) 6-3, 6-1
5. Travis VanHoy (LMC) def. Gregory Andrade (USCA) 6-4, 0-6, 10-8
6. Filipe Garcia (USCA) def. Marko Zivkovic (LMC) 6-1, 6-2
1. Dagoberto Darezzo/Edward Horne (USCA) def. Steve Karendal/Travis VanHoy (LMC) 8-2
2. Bruno Seves/Filipe Garcia (USCA) def. Shaun Sumner/Alek Mojski (LMC) 8-2
3. Christopher Kaetz/Gregory Andrade (USCA) def. Nandor Solymosi/Tyler Grove (LMC) 8-4
Pictured: Travis VanHoy