BOONE, N.C. - The Lees-McRae College Bobcats men's tennis team dropped their fourth straight match of the season and the third consecutive match to a Division I opponent in a 7-0* loss to Appalachian State Sunday afternoon.
Shaun Sumner was the only Bobcat to force a third set. Sumner
won the first set at number two singles 6-3, but fell in the final
two 6-2, 6-3.
The Bobcats next match is at home against Conference Carolinas opponent Erskine College Wednesday, February 11th at 2:30 p.m.
*Division I scoring only gives one point for doubles competition. The team that wins two doubles matches receives a point. Each singles match is still worth one point each for a total of seven possible points.
1. Bobby Lake (ASU) def. Nandor Solymosi (LMC) 6-2, 6-1
2. Peter Jacobs (ASU) def. Shaun Sumner (LMC) 3-6, 6-2, 6-3
3. Lee Floyd (ASU) def. Alek Mojski (LMC) 7-5, 6-0
4. Trent Constance (ASU) def. Steve Karendal (LMC) 6-2, 6-0
5. Phillip Kloc (ASU) def. Travis VanHoy (LMC) 6-3, 6-2
6. Alain Humblet (ASU) def. Tyler Grove (LMC) 6-1, 6-0
1. Bobby Lake/Alain Humblet (ASU) def. Steve Karendal/Travis VanHoy (LMC) 8-4
2. Trent Constance/Peter Jacobs (ASU) def. Alek Mojski/Shaun Sumner (LMC) 8-2
3. Phillip Kloc/Lee Floyd (ASU) def. Nandor Solymosi/Graham Battle (LMC) 8-4
Pictured: Shaun Sumner