HARTSVILLE, S.C. - The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team won its third consecutive match and second conference match with a 9-0 win over the Coker College Cobras Saturday afternoon. The win improves the Bobcats to 3-4 on the year and 2-0 in the Conference Carolinas.
At the number one singles position Nandor Solymosi extended his singles win streak to three with a 6-3, 6-1 victory over Mark Vial.
At the number six singles position Alexander Hayes earned his first win of the year with a 6-0, 6-1 win over Andrew Chinnes.
The doubles combination of Romulus Teague and Skylar Warren earned their first win of the year with an 8-1 win at the number three position.
Lees-McRae will travel to Division I, The Citadel, Sunday, February 22nd for their next match.
1. Nandor Solymosi (LMC) def. Mark Vial (COKER) 6-3, 6-1
2. Shaun Sumner (LMC) def. Juan Vallejo (COKER) 6-0, 6-0
3. Steve Karendal (LMC) def. Jeremiah Dye (COKER) 3-6, 6-1, 6-0
4. Travis VanHoy (LMC) def. Evan Schreiner (COKER) 6-0, 6-0
5. Marko Zivkovic (LMC) def. Esteban Teran (COKER) 6-3, 6-2
6. Alexander Hayes (LMC) def. Andrew Chinnes (COKER) 6-0, 6-1
1. Shaun Sumner/Travis VanHoy (LMC) def. Mark Vial/Jeremiah Dye (COKER) 8-6
2. Graham Battle/Nandor Solymosi (LMC) def. Juan Vallejo/Esteban Teran (COKER) 8-3
3. Romulus Teague/Skylar Warren (LMC) def. Evan Schreiner/Tyler Edwards (COKER) 8-1
Pictured: Romulus Teague