CHARLESTON, S.C. - The Lees-McRae College Bobcats men's tennis team came within one point of their second upset of a Division I tennis team as they fell to The Citadel Bulldogs, 4-3, Sunday afternoon.
The Bobcats won the doubles point with the tandem of Shaun Sumner and Travis VanHoy earning the win, 8-6, at the number two doubles. The duo of Nandor Solymosi and Graham Battle won, 9-8, at the number three doubles to secure the point.
But the Citadel rallied to win four of the six singles matches for the win. Solymosi won his singles match, 6-0, 6-3, and Vanhoy won his match in three sets, 5-7, 6-1, 6-3.
The Bobcats will host Lincoln Memorial February 25th for their next match
1. Nandor Solymosi (LMC) def. Alberto Diaz (CIT) 6-0, 6-3
2. Yufo Sutantio (CIT) def. Shaun Sumner (LMC) 6-1, 6-4
3. Micahel Kociecki (CIT) def. Alek Mojski (LMC) 6-3, 3-6, 6-4
4. Martin King (CIT) def. Steve Karendal (LMC) 6-0, 6-4
5. Travis VanHoy (LMC) def. Derek Dickey (CIT) 5-7, 6-1, 6-3
6. Tripp Larkin (CIT) def. Marko Ziykovic (LMC) 6-2, 2-6, 7-5
1. Yufo Sutantio/Micahel Kociecki (CIT) def. Steve Karendal/Alek Mojski (LMC) 8-3
2. Shaun Sumner/Travis VanHoy (LMC) def. Derek Dickey/Alberto Diaz (CIT) 8-6
3. Nandor Solymosi/Graham Battle (LMC) def. Martin King/Joshua Cook (CIT) 9-8
Pictured: Travis VanHoy