Bobcats Stun No. 21 Augusta State, 5-4
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Lees-McRae College Bobcats men's tennis team upset the number 21st ranked Augusta State Jaguars men's tennis team 5-4 Wednesday afternoon in nonconference action.
The Bobcats took two of the first three doubles matches to take a 2-1 lead heading into singles action.
For Lees-McRae, Steve Karendal and Alek Mojski defeated Bernado Ferrandes and Jenner Stevenson at the number one singles postion 8-1, and Nandor Solymosi and Graham Battle defeated Guilherme Ferraz and Rafael Milhati 8-4 at the number three doubles for the two points.
Solymosi won his singles match 6-1, 6-3 over Stevenson to improve his individual match win streak to five.
Mojski downed Henrique Boturao 6-0, 6-7 (10-6), 6-4 at the number two position, and Tyler Grove sealed the win for the Bobcats with his 6-2, 6-4 win at the number six position over Frederico Mendes.
1. Steve Karendal/Alex Mojski (LMC) def. Bernado Ferrandes/Jenner Stevenson (ASU) 8-1
2. Henrique Boturao/Frederico Mendes (ASU) def. Shawn Sumner/Travis VanHoy (LMC) 9-7
3. Nandor Solymosi/Graham Battle (LMC) def. Guilherme Ferraz/Rafael Mlhati (ASU) 8-4
1. Solymosi (LMC) def. Stevenson (ASU) 6-1, 6-3
2. Mojski (LMC) def. Boturao (ASU) 6-0, 6-7 (10-6), 6-4
3. Ferrandes (ASU) def. Sumner (LMC) 6-1, 6-4
4. Ferraz (ASU) def. VanHoy (LMC) 6-2, 6-4
5. Milhati (ASU) def. Karendal (LMC) 6-4, 1-6, 6-3
6. Tyler Grove (LMC) def. Mendes (ASU) 6-2, 6-4
Pictured: Alek Mojski