BANNER ELK, N.C. - For the second consecutive match, the Lees-McRae College Bobcats men's tennis team has pulled an upset; this time a 9-0 rout of number 36th ranked Queens University of Charlotte Royals in a conference match Friday.
With the win, Lees-McRae improves to 6-5 overall and 3-0 in the conference, while Queens drops to 5-4 overall and 0-3 in the conference.
Nandor Solymosi continued his seven-match win streak with a straight set win at the number one position. Solymosi and Graham Battle pushed their doubles win streak to seven with an 8-0 win at number three doubles.
The Bobcats expect to move up from their 39th national rankings in the next rankings.
1. Alek Mojski/Steve Karendal (LMC) def. Christiaan Lee-Daigle/Edwin Ramirez (QU), 9-7
2. Shaun Sumner/Travis VanHoy (LMC) def. Matthew Abramowitz/James McKinzie (QU), 8-0
3. Graham Battle/Nandor Solymosi (LMC) def. Patricio Calderon/Christopher Kennedy (QU), 8-0
1. Nandor Solymosi (LMC) def. Christiaan Lee-Daigle (QU), 6-1, 6-2
2. Alek Mojski (LMC) def. Edwin Ramirez (QU), 6-0, 6-2
3. Shaun Sumner (LMC) def. Christopher Kennedy (QU), 6-0, 6-0
4. Travis VanHoy (LMC) def. James McKinzie (QU), 6-2, 4-6 (10-3)
5. Tyler Grove (LMC) def. Patricio Calderon (QU), 6-3, 6-2
6. Steve Karendal (LMC) def. Matthew Abramowitz (QU), 6-1, 6-1
Pictured: Nandor Solymosi