Lees-McRae Handles King, 8-1
BANNER ELK, N.C. - The No. 39th ranked Lees-McRae College men's tennis team downed King College 8-1 Tuesday afternoon at the Lees-McRae College Tennis Center in nonconference action.
The Bobcats won all three doubles points and five of the six singles matches to earn the victory.
With the win, the team improves to 10-5 overall on the season.
The Bobcats will host Anderson University March 28th at 2:00 p.m. in a battle for first place in the Conference Carolinas standings.
1. Alek Mojski (LMC) def. Oriol Mirallas (KC), 6-3, 6-4
2. Tyler Grove (LMC) def. Seth Hale (KC), 6-0, 6-2
3. Steve Karendal (LMC) def. Hiroki (KC), 6-0, 1-0 (retired)
4. Alexander Hayes (LMC) def. Eirkur Magnusson (KC), 6-0, 6-3
5. Graham Battle (LMC) def. Nicholas Smith (KC), 6-1, 6-1
6. Juan Avila (KC) def. Marcelo Tatai (LMC), 6-7, 6-1, 10-3
1. Mojski/Grove (LMC) def. Smith/Mirallas (KC), 8-2
2. Karendal/Hayes (LMC) def. Avila/Takagi (KC), 8-4
3. Battle/Laughrun (LMC) def. Hale/Magnusson (KC), 8-5
Pictured: Alek Mojski