Men’s Tennis Repeats as Undefeated Conference Champions
BANNER ELK, N.C. - The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team earned their second consecutive Conference Carolinas Regular Season Championship with an 8-1 win over the Pfeiffer University Falcons Saturday afternoon.
For the second time in as many years, the Bobcats went 9-0 in the conference to earn the regular season title.
Lees-McRae took the doubles matches and won five of the six singles matches. The only match the Bobcats lost was at number one singles due to injury.
The Bobcats will head to the Conference Carolinas Tournament Friday.
1. Karendal/VanHoy (LMC) def. Lawson/Rerr (PU), 8-5
2. Zirkovic/Sumner (LMC) def. Villalta/Pouchet (PU), 8-4
3. Solymosi/Propert (LMC) def. Simpson/Kaushik (PU), 9-7
1. Lawson (PU) def. Solymosi (LMC), 7-5 retired
2. VanHoy (LMC) def. Kaushik (PU), 6-4, 6-2
3. Sumner (LMC) def. Kerr (PU), 6-0, 6-0
4. Zirkovic (LMC) def. Villalta (PU), 6-1, 6-0
5. Karendal (LMC) def. Pouchet (PU), 6-2, 6-0
6. Hayes (LMC) def. Simpson (PU), 6-2, 6-2