HICKORY, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team fell in non-conference action Thursday to Lenoir-Rhyne, 8-1. The loss drops Lees-McRae's record to 1-5 on the 2016-17 season.
LMC's lone victory against the Bears came in the No. 6 singles position when Thomas Deeley picked up a three-set victory (4-6, 6-3, 10-2) over William Hewett. The victory is Deeley's second singles win of the season. The rest of the results from Thursday's match are listed below.
1. Tomas Hons (LR) def. Gabriel Muniz (LMC) 6-3, 6-1
2. Alex Ayguavives (LR) def. Garrett Lackey (LMC) 6-2, 7-5
3. Shane O'Dea (LR) def. Sebastian Zuhr (LMC) 6-1, 6-2
4. Paul Lenz (LR) def. Brandon Caldwell (LMC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Alex Crespo Sanchez (LR) def. Cole Douglas-Fields (LMC) 7-5, 6-1
6. Thomas Deeley (LMC) def. William Hewett (LR) 4-6, 6-3, 10-2
1. Paul Lenz/Hamed Gandouz (LR) def. Gabriel Muniz/Garrett Lackey (LMC) 8-2
LMC will open Conference Carolinas play when it returns to the court March 15. The Bobcats are scheduled to host Pfeiffer in their conference-opening tilt. First serve against the Falcons is slated for 1 p.m.