Photo Courtesy of Deana Acklin
GAFFNEY, S.C. – The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team fell in Conference Carolinas action to Limestone College Tuesday afternoon in Gaffney, South Carolina. The loss moves LMC's record to 1-11 overall and 0-6 in league action.
The lone point for the Bobcats Tuesday came from senior Sebastian Zuhr as he picked up a three-set win out of the No. 2 position in singles. Zuhr improved his singles record to 3-9 on the season with the victory.
Below are the rest of Tuesday's results.
- Federico Garnier (Limestone) def. Gabe Muniz (LMC) - 6-3, 6-2
- Sebastian Zuhr (LMC) def. Domantas Sadauskas (Limestone) - 2-6, 6-1, 6-3
- Sacha Terrizzano (Limestone) def. Matthew Meluch (LMC) - 6-2, 6-3
- Luka Stanec (Limestone) def. Rusty Batten (LMC) - 8-2
- Emilio Samhan (Limestone) def. Brandon Caldwell (LMC) - 6-2, 6-1
- Guillermo Ortega (Limestone) def. Colton Porter (LMC) - 8-0
- Terrizzano/Garnier (Limestone) def. Zuhr/Muniz (LMC) - 8-3
- Sadauskas/Stanec (Limestone) def. Batten/Meluch (LMC) - 8-0
- Ortega/ Pierluigi Neri (Limestone) def. Porter/Caldwell (LMC) - 8-1
Lees-McRae will return to the court this weekend when it hosts Chowan Saturday afternoon in another conference tilt. First serve between the Bobcats and Hawks is set for 1 p.m.