Photo Courtesy of Deana Acklin
BANNER ELK, N.C. – The Lees-McRae College men's tennis team's 2018 season came to an end Saturday morning as Erskine knocked off the Bobcats by a score of 7-2. The loss closes out LMC's record at 1-15 overall and 0-10 in conference action this spring.
Both of LMC's victories Saturday came from the back end of its lineup. Brandon Caldwell picked up the team's lone singles victory in the match with a 6-4, 6-3 win over Ary Boltansky. Caldwell also teamed with Colton Porter to pick up 8-6 win in the No. 3 doubles spot.
The rest of Saturday's results can be found below.
1. Ritwik Bhriguvanshi (ERSKINE) def. Gabriel Muniz (LMC-M) 6-3, 3-6, 7-6
2. Steven Zahui (ERSKINE) def. Sebastian Zuhr (LMC-M) 6-2, 6-4
3. Ross Edgar (ERSKINE) def. Matt Meluch (LMC-M) 6-3, 6-4
4. Nathan Cooper (ERSKINE) def. Rusty Batten (LMC-M) 6-2, 6-4
5. Brandon Caldwell (LMC-M) def. Ary Boltansky (ERSKINE) 6-4, 6-3
6. Liam Buckley (ERSKINE) def. Colton Porter (LMC-M) 7-5, 6-2
1. Ritwik Bhriguvanshi/Ross Edgar (ERSKINE) def. Gabriel Muniz/Sebastian Zuhr (LMC-M) 8-5
2. Steven Zahui/Ary Boltansky (ERSKINE) def. Rusty Batten/Matt Meluch (LMC-M) 8-2
3. Colton Porter/Brandon Caldwell (LMC-M) def. Nathan Cooper/Liam Buckley (ERSKINE) 8-6