Lees-McRae to Host Men's Conference Carolinas Track Championship
BANNER ELK, N.C. -- Lees-McRae College will host the Conference Carolinas Men's Track and Field Championship at Arthur, Lauritsen and Sanders Track and Field Complex. Championship Director Craig McPhail has announced the tentative schedule for the the event.
TENTATIVE TIME SCHEDULE
MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2009
- Entries due by 6:00 p.m. To
input entries click here.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 15, 2009- Final declarations due by 12:00 noon
THURSDAY, APRIL 16, 2009- Coaches conference call, time will determined with conference office
SATURDAY, APRIL 18, 2009 - All implements to be weighed in at 1:30 p.m. The weigh-in will take place in the classroom inside the William's Physical Education Center.
FRIDAY, APRIL 17,2009 - Delta Omicron Theta sorority is hosting a spaghetti dinner, with all the profits going to Relay for Life which is the following weekend. The $5.00 charge per person includes spaghetti, salad, bread, desserts, and drinks. (RSVP to Caitlin Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15). She will coordinate time and location of dinner.
- 3:00 p.m. Women's Shot Put (ring opens at 2:15 p.m. for warm-ups)
- 4:00 p.m. Men's Shot Put (ring opens at 3:15 p.m. for warm-ups)
- 5:00 p.m. Women's Hammer Throw at ASU (shuttle will be provided for coaches and athletes)
- 6:00 p.m. Men's Hammer Throw at ASU (shuttle will be provided for coaches and athletes)
- 5:00 p.m. Women's Pole Vault (runway opens at 4:15 p.m.)
- 6:15 p.m. Men's Pole Vault (runway opens at 5:30 p.m. or after women's vault concludes)
- 5:00 p.m. Women's High Jump (runway opens at 4:15 p.m. for warm-ups)
- 6:15 p.m. Men's High Jump (runway opens at 5:30 p.m. or at the conclusion of women's high jump)
THE NCAA 60 SECOND ATTEMPT RULE WILL BE STRICTLY
- 7:15 p.m. Women's 10,000 Meters
- 8:15 p.m. Men's 10,000 Meters
- 9:00 a.m. Women's Discus Throw (warm-ups will begin at 8:15 a.m.)
- 10:45 a.m. Men's Discus Throw (warm-ups will begin at 10:00 a.m.
- 12:00 noon Women's Javelin (warm-ups will begin at 11:15 a.m.)
- 1:45 p.m. Men's Javelin (warm-ups will begin at 1:00 p.m.)
- 10:00 a.m. Women's long Jump (warm-ups will begin at 9:15 p.m.)
- 11:45 a.m. Men's Long Jump (warm-ups will begin at 11:00 a.m.)
- 1:30 p.m. Women's Triple Jump (warm-ups will begin at 12:45 p.m.)
- 3:15 p.m. Men's Triple Jump (warm-ups will begin at 2:30 p.m.)
THE NCAA 60 SECOND ATTEMPT RULL WILL BE STRICTLY
COMPETITORS IN MULTIPLE EVENTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO RULE 6, SECTION 1, ARTICLE 6a OF THE NCAA RULE BOOK!!!!
- 12:00 noon Women's 3,000 Meter Steeple Chase
- 12:30 p.m. Men's 3,000 Meter Steeple Chase
- 1:00 p.m. Women's 4x100 Meter Relay
- 1:05 p.m. Men's 4x100 Meter Relay
- 1:10 p.m. Women's 1,500 Meters
- 1:25 p.m. Men's 1,500 Meters
- 1:40 p.m. Women's 100 Meter Hurdles
- 1:45 p.m. Men's 110 Meter High Hurdles
- 1:55 p.m. Women's 400 Meter Dash
- 2:05 p.m. Men's 400 Meter Dash
- 2:15 p.m. Women's 100 Meter Dash
- 2:20 p.m. Men's 100 Meter Dash
- 2:25 p.m. Women's 800 Meter Run
- 2:40 p.m. Men's 800 Meter Run
- 2:55 p.m. Women's 400 Meter Hurdles
- 3:10 p.m. Men's 400 Meter Hurdles
- 3:20 p.m. Women's 200 Meter Dash
- 3:30 p.m. Men's 200 Meter Dash
- 3:40 p.m. Women's 5,000 Meter Run
- 4:10 p.m. Men's 5,000 Meter Run
- 4:35 p.m. Women's 4x400 Meter Relay
- 4:45 p.m. Men's 4x400 Meter Relay
- 5:15 p.m. Team Scores and Awards
- We will be running in preferred lanes based on verified times. This will be as follows: 4,5,6,7,3,2,1,8.
- There will only be one heat for each gender of the 5,000 and 10,000 meters.
- The fast heat of the 1,500 and the 3,000 steeple chase will have a max of 12 competitors, if heats are needed.
- Field events will be seeded from worst to best. The better jumpers/throwers will be in the last flight, if flights are needed.
- In the pole vault and high jump, if a competitor leaves the competition, they must be back before all other competitors have completed their attempts at the height in which they left. If not, they will have to attempt the next height. They are allowed only the number of attempts they had when they left the competition. (Rule 6.1.6b of the NCAA rulebook)