Today we begin a series of Up Close and Personal interviews with
the Lees-McRae men's volleyball team. First up for the squad is
sophomore Robert Ritchie who hails from Hollywood, Florida where he
played for South Broward High School earning three MVP awards, the
2007 Broward County Player of the Year, and was named MVP of the
2007 BCAA All Star game. He also captained the Florida Sons club
team. The 6' outside hitter/middle blocker for the Bobcats is
pursuing a degree in business administration. Join us as we get to
know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? I came to play volleyball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I am looking forward to going to Florida and
having the biggest crowd of the year to watch us
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? I believe my strength lies in my defense and my
knowledge of the game.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for
matches? I like to "pepper" hard.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball
career? Leo Jimenez and Jim McHugh (high school and club
coaches) have had the biggest impact on my career as a volleyball
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this
season? Personally I would like to average four digs a
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? The biggest challenge I face is listening to the
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? Mother...She has worked up to four jobs at a time as
a single parent to provide my sister and I with everything we ever
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My
perfect afternoon includes scuba diving and spending the day
playing beach volleyball with all my friends.
10. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I'd try skydiving. I'd like the adrenaline
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Captain
Jacks Buried Treasure at Ale House.