Today we meet up with Juan Rameriz, a sophomore from Miami,
Florida where he played at Miami Sunset and for the Florida Suns.
Rameriz will play the libero position for the Bobcats this season.
This past fall he served as a student assistant for the women's
volleyball team at Lees-McRae. In the classroom he is pursuing a
degree in business.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? I came to play volleyball and also because of my
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I am looking forward to our trip to California and
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? Defense is my strength.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for
matches? I call my parents and talk to them.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball
career? My high school volleyball coaches Ernie Ariell and
Pedro Delgado have had the biggest impact.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of
the Bobcat volleyball team? The fact that everyone is
pretty close with each other.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this
season? Goals I have are to have a winning record and to
beat the teams we HAVE to beat and then beat those teams in which
we come in as underdogs.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? When I go up to serve too many things go through my
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? Pedro Delgado…He is 63 or so years old and
still plays at a high level.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon?
Volleyball at the beach with friends is my idea of a perfect
11. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I would try diving in the ocean.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Brownie