Today we meet up with Colin Kelly of Orlando, Florida. The sophomore outside hitter finished his freshman campaign with the Bobcats ranked fourth in the nation in kills per game, fourth in points per game and 13th in service aces. In the classroom he is pursuing a degree in business management.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play volleyball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am most looking forward to playing California Northridge.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? Hitting is my strength.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I try to eat and sleep well.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball career? Peter Marin
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat volleyball team? I love the food.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I would like to have a .400 hitting percentage.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? Serving consistency is where I struggle.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents…They love me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Sour Patch Kids, Taco Bell and a Slurpee while watching football sounds perfect.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Skydiving…You're jumping out of a moving plane and freefalling thousands of feet to an imminent death unless your parachute deploys safely.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My favorite
dessert is hot chocolate chip cookies and milk.