Today we meet up with newcomer Robbie Rowe from Longwood,
Florida. In high school this 6'3 outside hitter was selected First
Team All Conference in '06-'07 and Second Team All Conference in
'07-'08. Join us as we get to know him better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae
College? To be able to play volleyball at the collegiate
level and to see what the mountains were like were big factors in
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I am mostly looking forward to the trips to
California and Florida with the team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength
lie? My strengths lie mainly on the offensive side but my
defense is getting better.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for
matches? I listen to my iPod and think about the team were
about to play.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your volleyball
career? I would say probably my club coaches from Orlando
Gold and my parents.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of
the Bobcat volleyball team? Trips with all of the guys and
already knowing kids on the team that are from Florida are my
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this
season? I want to be a better all around player and to try
to help the team grow and get better for our conference next
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the
court? Staying focused on my defense and not getting
frustrated is the biggest challenge I face.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? Probably my parents…They keep me motivated and
make me want to become a better person and player.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon?
Chillin' with friends and playing some beach volleyball describes
my perfect afternoon.
11. If you could try something new today what would you
try and why? I would try sky diving because it's something
that I've always wanted to do.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Cake batter
ice cream from Cold Stone.