Up Close & Personal with Kim Coley
Kim Coley, who hails from Marion, N.C., is up next in our series of Up Close interviews with the Lady Bobcats. The freshman outfielder was selected MVP Defensive Player, All Conference and All District while playing for McDowell High School. Coley is a pre-med major with plans of continuing her education in pharmacy.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The softball program and the mountains (snowboarding) were big factors in my decision.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing on a team that is dedicated and to watching us succeed.
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for all those doubleheader games? I prepare for the doubleheader games by training in the offseason and working hard in team workouts along with practices throughout the year.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your softball career? My mamaw…She has been to almost every game I have played my entire life and supported me the whole time.
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat softball team? Everyone is dedicated and wants to make each other a better player which is making us a strong team.
6. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My family…I can't choose just one. They all have influenced my life.
7. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon would be hanging out with family and friends on a nice sunny day playing softball.
8. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try scuba diving because it looks exciting.
9. Describe your favorite dessert. My great
grandma's fabulous chocolate cake. It is indescribable; you just
have to taste it!