Up Close & Personal with Nicole Baxter
As we continue our series of Up Close interviews we meet up with outfielder Nicole Baxter. The junior from Denver, North Carolina, in addition to playing softball, has voluteered her time as a coach in the off season. Baxter is studying biology at Lees-McRae and plans to continue her schooling and become a physician's assistant in the future. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to Lees-McRae College because of the beautiful view, softball, and the interaction between the professors and students.
2. What do you do to prepare yourself for all those doubleheader games? To prepare for double headers I practice both physically and mentally.
3. Who has had the biggest impact on your softball career? The person who has had the most impact on my softball career is probably my dad and my coach (Coach Daley) because they always have given me so much encouragement and have always been there for me since I started playing softball. They have helped me become the player I am today.
4. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat softball team? My favorite parts of being a member of the Bobcat softball program are the people I meet and the impact it makes on my life.
5. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My dad is my biggest role model because no matter what has happened in his life he always has a positive attitude and always has time for his family and the important people in his life.
6. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of the perfect afternoon is going rock hopping in the fall or going jet skiing in the summer.
7. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? If I could do anything right this moment I would try repelling off mountains because of the feeling of freedom and just enjoying nature.
8. Describe your favorite dessert. My
favorite dessert is anything with a graham cracker crust because I
think that's the coolest invention ever.