Up Close & Personal with Katie Alexander
Up next for the Lady Bobcats is freshman pitcher Katie Alexander who hails from Hampton, Virginia. Alexander played at Kecoughtan High School where she was a three-time captain, MVP and All District player. She also received Daily Press All Region Team honors. In the classroom Alexander is studying mass communications. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? Coach Kennedy and the way she ran her practices, the girls with the positive energy, and the beautiful campus and kind people all weighed in my decision.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to working hard with a group of girls who want to work as hard as I do!
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for all those doubleheader games? Well, first I take a really good warm-up. It's imperative to be nice and loose, then as before any game, I listen to a good mix of music.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your softball career? There are three people: my dad who helped me through all the years, my pitching coach Rita Lynn Gilman who took from pitching like a man to like a woman, and my sixteen and under softball coach Shannon Ferguson who gave me mental strength.
5. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Jesus Christ has been because he shows true selflessness for people!
6. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Are we on Match.com here? My idea of a perfect afternoon is a good softball game, then just hanging out with my family eating good food.
7. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try surfing because I've lived on the East Coast my whole life and still have yet to try!
8. Describe your favorite dessert. Edy's Fun
Flavors Cookie Dough ice cream, or really good banana pudding!