Up Close & Personal with Veronica Ollier
As we continue our series of Up Close interviews with the Lady Bobcats we meet up with sophomore transfer Veronica Ollier. The Chula-Vista, California native transferred from San Diego City College. In the classroom Oliier is pursuing a degree in pre-vet. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? Not only was I excited about the softball team but also what Lees-McRae College had to offer me. To me it was the perfect fit.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I can't wait to play at a higher level with a new team.
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for all those doubleheader games? DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER!!!
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your softball career? My high school coach, Coach Chris Martinez, has had the biggest impact on my softball career.
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat softball team? Even before I stepped foot on the field, I've felt welcomed by fellow teammates and coaches. I love being a part of a tight and friendly team, It's more like being a part of a family.
6. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My older brother Anthony has been because he has always encouraged me to stay involved in school and continues to support my interest in sports. He's taught me to stay focused and to commit and dedicate myself to whatever it is I choose to pursue.
7. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Most of my afternoons are spent on the softball fields, and that's where I love to be.
8. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would want to try surfing because I have lived in San Diego, California for 19 years and have never tried it.
9. Describe your favorite dessert. Chocolate
covered gummy bears.