Up Close & Personal with Cortney Furr
BANNER ELK, NC--Join us today as we interview junior guard Cortney Furr. This Concord, NC native is averaging 10.3 ppg, has18 steals on the year and is 18-21 from the charity stripe.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? Three things played into my decision: playing basketball, the small college feel, and the beautiful environment.
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I have been playing for 11 years, since I was 10 years old.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to win and play as a team. Teamwork is very important to me!
4. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Beating Anderson University on their home court earlier this season.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My father has had that role.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport would you play? I would play volleyball or softball
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Elementary Education...I plan to teach kindergarten.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? Hippy Days (80's Baby)
9. What is your favorite book? The Bible - It got me where I am today.
10. What is your favorite food? My favorite food is chicken.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would love to go to Hawaii! I love the sun.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Outgoing
Cortney's Story … I came from Concord,
NC and played basketball throughout my middle school and high
school career. Choosing the college I wanted to go to was very
difficult for me because I didn't know which sport I wanted to
play. It was a choice between playing volleyball and softball at
Belmont Abbey or playing basketball at Lees-McRae. I had verbally
committed to play at Belmont Abbey and Sarge, the former Head
Coach, wasn't giving up on me and persuaded me to come visit one
more time. When I visited again I fell in love with the place, the
people, and my heart was just made for basketball.