Up Close & Personal with Stephanie Mullinax
BANNER ELK, NC--As we continue our Up Close series of interviews we meet up with senior Stephanie Mullinax (Etowah, TN). This forward currently stands fifth in the Conference Carolinas in scoring with 225 points on the year (15ppg). She ranks 6th in both rebounding and overall shooting percentage as well. Mullinax is also hitting 85.9% from the free throw line for the Lady Bobcats. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? Lees-McRae's atmosphere completely won me over. I'm in love with the environment, people, and community.
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I have played basketball for about 15 years
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My goals are to improve my abilities and have a positive impact on my teammates.
4. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Beating Anderson at Anderson earlier this year is my favorite memory.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? Both my parents have lent equal, influential support.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport would you play? I would play soccer.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Sport Management, and I plan to become a youth programs director.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? The Renaissance Period...our country went through so much change, I would have loved to be a part of that.
9. What is your favorite book? I like the Harry Potter books.
10. What is your favorite food? Shrimp - any way it's prepared.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would travel to New Zealand. I love beautiful places.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Entertaining - I love people and enjoy making them laugh.
Stephanie's Story … I came from Etowah,
TN and ended up at LMC because of my best friend Laura Parker.